Green Rocket Hybrid Cedarï³µp>
(Thuja Plicata x Standishii)
Green Rocketá´ 2 years old from 30 inch transplants
A fast-growing evergreen for year round screens and windbreaks, the Green Rocket
Hybridï³µp> (Thuja Plicata x Standishii) can grow 3 ft. or more per
year. In fact, on the east coast there have been several instances of 5 ft. of growth
in a single season on established plants.
Green Rocket Hybridï³µp>, one of many of our
fast growing screening trees, has a tall, upright pyramidal rocket shape;
6-10 ft. wide at 25 ft. tall. Other great attributes include:
Green Rocket Hybridï³µp> planting instructions:
- Till or Disc strip of soil 4 ft. wide.
- If possible, incorporate peat moss if you have heavy clay soils.
- Plant at 4-6 ft. spacing for solid screen in just a couple years.
- Use fertilizer tablets or time release fertilizer, at least a few inches
away - none in direct contact with roots.
- Do not plant in wet swampy soils or dense shade.
- Protect plants the first winter where they are subject to extreme wind conditions
in wide open areas. This may be done by using plastic snow fence and burlap,
- Mulch a minimum of 3 ft. circle around each plant and protect from herbicides.
Three year old Green Rocket planting as a screen from 16-24" mini pot
Green Rocketá´ 4 years old from 30 inch transplants