Skyrise™ Screening Trees
3-8 (View Map of Zones)
Fast Growing, Shade Tree, Privacy Screen, Wind Break
Growing at least 5 feet per year, the Skyrise™ (Hybrid Salix) is hardy and disease
Skyrise Wind Screen at 17 Months
The Skyrise Hybrid Salix trees are sterile male hybrid clones that are hardy and
disease resistant. They can be used for privacy screens, windbreaks, shade trees,
dust barriers, soil conservation, erosion control and general landscaping. The original
trees were discovered in Illinois in 1991.
- Skyrise trees natural growth pattern is to branch from the ground up, but they can
be trimmed and trained into a shade tree shape.
- They have proven hardy to 30 degrees below zero.
- Skyrise trees grow well on a wide range of soils, including very wet locations.
- They do not spread by seed or root suckers and have an estimated life span of over
- Skyrise Hybrid Salix are propagated from hardy stock and grown at our nursery site
in northern Indiana.
Secrets to Incredibly Fast Growth
Proper site preparation is the key. Deep ripping or tilling of the site is required,
as well as, weed and grass control. Mulching and supplemental watering the first
year will enhance growth. Skyrise (Hybrid Salix) must be planted in full sun for
growth of 5-6 feet per year or more.
Skyrise as Shade Tree: 6-years old
Five year old Skyrise with lower branches removed